Side Quest: Persona 5 to Hit NA & Horizon Zero Dawn Pushed Back
What’s up #TeamNinja, it’s Jesse here bringing you the latest edition of Side Quest. Before I unveil the results of this week’s Side Quest, there is a special announcement I would like to make.
In light of a small gathering known as E3:2016 happening later this week, Big Boss has informed/told me that I must prepare a special edition Side Quest to cover it. Seeing as I am a Paxiphyst and am opposed to violence, I will comply. Stay tuned with Tetra Ninja for all details regarding the E3 press conferences and of course E3:2016 itself throughout the week. More importantly, rest assured that a I will go on a special Side Quest to ensure 100% completion on the coverage of E3:2016.
Without further ado, here are the results of this week’s Side Quest:
- Persona 5 Official North America Release Date Revealed
- Horizon Zero Dawn Release Date Announce
- XCOM 2 is Coming to Console
1. Persona 5 Official North America Release Date Revealed
Atlus has announced that Persona 5 will hit North America on February 14, 2017. Originally announced back in 2013 to be released in 2014, the game has faced a series of delays but will be launching both for the PS3 and PS4. The standard copy for the PS3 version will retail for $49.99USD and $59.99USD for the PS4.
Now available for pre-order is the Take Your Heart Collector’s Edition ($89.99USD). Unfortunately, this collector’s edition will not contain the same things as the Japanese 20th Anniversary package. Most notably, Take Your Heart will not include an anthology of official soundtracks from each of the previous Personas. Also, it has not been confirmed if the the Persona 3 Gekkoukan and Persona 4 Yasogami school uniform costume DLCs will be available outside of Japan.
What we do know is that the Take Your Heart Collector’s Edition will include the following:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer, Shoji Meguro, in a CD sleeve featuring special P5 artwork.
- 4” Morgana plush: Morgana the Phantom Thieves’ cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but also a member – and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4” plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
Stay tuned for more coverage as the game is expected to make an appearance at E3:2016.
2. Horizon Zero Dawn Release Date Announced
Have you been itching to return to the stone age and shoot some mechanical dinosaurs with a bow and arrow? Well, you’re going to have to wait a little bit longer. With the release of the newest trailer for Horizon Zero Dawn, it is official that the game has been pushed back to February 28, 2017 for North America and March 1, 2017 for Europe.
Horizon Zero Dawn was announced at E3:2015 but has remained under the radar ever since.
“It wasn’t an easy choice to make; we know many of you have been anxious to play the game since we first announced it. However, we also want to ensure that Horizon Zero Dawn lives up to the visuals and gameplay quality that our games are known for. The new date affords us the extra time required to deliver fully on our ambitious vision for Horizon Zero Dawn.” – Hermen Hulst, Managing Director of Guerrilla Games
Stay tuned as we are bound to get more details during Sony’s E3:2016 press conference on June 13th at 6:00PM PST and/or at E3:2016 itself.
3. XCOM 2 is Coming to Console
Although XCOM: Enemy Unknown was launched on a multitude of platforms, its sequel is currently only available on PC. That’s about to change. It’s been announced that XCOM 2 will be coming to PS4 and Xbox One on September 6th for North America and September 9th globally for $59.99USD.
2K and Firaxis Games have partnered with industry veterans The Workshop, now a dedicated subsidiary of Skydance Media, to bring the title to consoles.
Players who pre-order XCOM 2 will also receive the Resistance Warrior Pack which will allow for additional soldier customization options such as bonus outfits, headgear and custom facial war paint. The Resistance Warrior Pack also includes a new XCOM recruit, Survivor of the Old War.
Players who pre-order the XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe Edition will receive the XCOM 2 Reinforcement Pack which includes the Resistance Warrior Pack as well as all the XCOM 2 DLCs.
That wraps up this week’s Side Quest. Your thoughts on any of the stories featured are always welcome; so feel free to leave a comment below. Until next week, stay frosty!
– Jesse @Paxiphyst
Side Quest is a weekly column that summarizes the top gaming related news throughout the previous week. It is published every Sunday @ 12:00PM EST.